History

St Anne’s is a two-form entry Catholic primary school, located on an attractive site close to the centre of Banstead village.  There are currently about 380 children in the school.
 

History

The school was founded in 1939, initially situated in a hut on the Brighton Road. At this time there were only six pupils. Shortly after this, the school transferred to Court House, an historical dwelling that forms the centre point of the current site. From 1954 until 1992 the school was run by the Religious Congregation, Poor Servants of the Mother of God. Under their stewardship the school expanded to meet the growing needs of the Catholic community in Banstead and surrounding areas. Since 1992 the school has continued to flourish, now being run by the laity, although the Congregation retains a direct interest in the development of the school.

Buildings

Throughout its history St Anne’s has continually adapted and expanded its buildings to meet the changing demands facing the school. Today the school site essentially consists of three blocks: an infant block, a central administration and meeting block and a junior block. Surrounding these are attractive grounds. As new buildings have been added and existing ones modified one aim has been to achieve disabled access for children to all parts of the school site.

Facilities

Children at St Anne’s are taught in well-resourced classrooms. We recognise the part that ICT (Information & Communication Technology) plays in enhancing learning. For example, we have a state-of-the-art computer room and every classroom benefits from an interactive whiteboard and broadband internet access. There are separate playgrounds for infant- and junior-aged children. Sports facilities include a new all-weather multi-sports pitch and netball court. In addition, we use Legal & General’s pool in order to offer swimming lessons to children in Years 3 and 4.

Partnerships

We value partnerships formed with parents. Parents are regular visitors to the school. They support children in classes, accompany trips, join us for special liturgies and share ideas about how the school can be improved. In addition, we benefit from an extremely enthusiastic and effective PTA (Parent Teacher Association).

St Anne’s works in partnership with other local schools and organisations in order to provide the highest possible quality of education. We collaborate with other local schools through the North Downs Schools Partnership. This allows us to meet specific learning needs, for example by offering workshops for more able pupils or obtaining specialist support for less able pupils. We also cooperate very closely with neighbouring Catholic schools, especially in aspects of religious education and the religious identities of our schools.